Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Audit Senior in Detroit, MI.
Work You'll Do
Work under the supervision of upper management to design audit approaches, conduct field audit engagements, and perform complex accounting and auditing of financial statements. Participate in the completion of client annual reports and interact with clients to discuss field audit issues. Perform accounting and auditing functions on field engagements for major corporate clients, and develop accounting worksheets. Participate in pre-audit planning for audit engagements, review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control and conduct audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements. Participate in the preparation of financial statement reports, performing analytical reviews of audit documents and preparing the documentation supporting audit opinions. Perform accounting research to solve issues that arise during the course of audit or compliance engagements. Perform analytical review of audit documents. Identify accounting and audit issues. Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency. Apply concepts of risk assessment. Design and perform tests of internal controls. Assess risk of material misstatement of financials in order to design effective audit procedures.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One year of accounting and auditing experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing audits under Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards on companies subject to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) reporting requirements;
- Utilizing audit software, including engagement management software to perform tracking and forecasting for audit engagements;
- Performing substantive testing on complex areas of clients' financial statements, including management estimates, cash, investments, accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, inventory, fixed assets, tooling, accrued expenses, long-term debt, liabilities, revenue, expenses, derivatives, equity, and SAS99 Journal Entry testing;
- Auditing financial statements, including reviews of quarterly financial information;
- Completing clients' annual reports and interacting with clients to discuss audit issues;
- Reviewing clients' filings under SEC regulations for material errors and inconsistencies, including reporting on Debt Offerings and Initial Public Offerings;
- Participating in the review of Form 10-Q, performing analytical review of audit documents, and preparing documentation supporting audit opinions;
- Testing design, implementation and operating effectiveness of internal controls, and assessing deficiencies of internal controls; and
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools, including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros.
- Must have CPA license or have passed all four parts of the CPA Exam.
- Position requires approximately 90% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0917DET2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top