Audit and Assurance Products and Solutions: Risk and Controls Manager
Do you have experience in risk management? At Deloitte, we help bring client data to life to enhance the risk assessment process, reveal unexpected patterns and outliers and offer insights. The business world is complex and ever changing and, as a result, Deloitte is helping to redefine audit by infusing our approach with cutting-edge technologies, data analytics and visualizations, and transformative audit delivery models. Lead audit into the future by helping deliver a more dynamic picture to our clients that provides meaningful insights, empowers decision-making, and informs tomorrow's success.
Work you'll do
As Technology Risk and Controls Manager within our Audit and Assurance Products Solutions group, you will be responsible for implementing Technology Risk and Controls (TRC) requirements of various audit and assurance products and solutions within a particular product portfolio. Under the guidance of TRC Portfolio leadership, the professional will have primary responsibility to drive quality as part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) based on the TRC milestones and will be responsible for compliance with the TRC roadmap. She / He will be the key person responsible for escalation of issues to Portfolio TRC leadership, assisting with the creation of consultation memos with stakeholder(s) and owning centralized software review process over audit tools with National Office. Individual will also deliver various non-application specific general TRC projects. You will also work closely with the Professional Practice Network (PPN), Controls over Audit Tools Leader, Office of Confidentiality & Privacy, ITS, Office of General Counsel, Regulatory, Global Risk & Compliance and other leadership as needed to ensure that development, hosting, deployment and other risk decisions comply with existing firm policies, professional standards, laws and regulations and other internal and external requirements .
- Attending sprint review sessions and leading the creation of user stores (i.e., business and functional requirements) for legal holds and production requests, data retention and archival, and other TRC requirements in co-ordination with product owners
- Reviewing alignment of business requirements, functional requirements and UAT scripts
- Assisting the product owner on establishing a prudent UAT strategy, formulating UAT approach and reviewing the UAT scripts
- Owning completion of Risk Acceptance Frameworks (RAFs), Confidential Information Management Plans (CIMP) and software quality review packages including co-ordination with National Office, when needed
- Escalating risks identified related to software development to the TRC portfolio leadership
- Understanding or willing to learn how to operate under a scaled agile framework
- Capability of creating documentation to be leveraged in negotiation with internal and external stakeholders such as vendors and quality inspections
Our audits are fueled by more than just technology - what really sets us apart are our insightful professionals, collaborative culture, and commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. Our audit professionals apply a streamlined, intelligent approach to the audit, enabled by innovative tools and technologies. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we believe in professional development and helping our people grow. We offer learning opportunities to help you sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. We support the development of leadership and technical skills through leading-edge learning development solutions . Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
An experienced high-performing audit or risk management professional with extensive experience working on large and medium-size audits performed in accordance with the PCAOB standards or detailed experience in building technology products for an audit stakeholder group.
- S trong technical and or detail audit knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to the design, development, and deployment of applications based on TRC requirements.
- Very strong knowledge and understanding of or the ability to learn the regulatory requirements and professional standards involving the development, documentation, review, retention and archiving of audit evidence, including reproduction thereof for professional, legal or regulatory purposes.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, and to identify untapped opportunities, alternate approaches, and creative solutions to audit products and solutions.
- Reasonable familiarity with other audit or other regulatory technology applications.
Candidates should have the following traits and skills:
- Strong project management skills to keep multiple projects organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge or ability to learn Audit Methodology elements needed to understand and use as needed
- Solve problems creatively
- Apply technical audit knowledge to new scenarios
- Identify and address challenges before they occur
- Embrace conflicting perspectives
- Confidently engage with senior leaders in the firm
- Work in cross-functional environments with professionals across Deloitte (non-auditors) and various geographic locations
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E19NATAMGRMB003-RC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top