Assurance - FS / Insurance Audit Manager
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today’s changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients’ business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Special Services Group
- Financial Institutions Services Team
- Capital Markets Team
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
About the Job
We are looking for the person who is best able to fulfil the following job requirements
- Ensure that all jobs are planned on the planning board. Plan in line with the budget.
Running the audit
- Brief the team on their responsibilities and your expectations.
- Monitor progress.
- Maintain contact with the client.
- Maintain a control schedule for deadlines, bills and deliverables.
- Coach staff on the job.
Managing the Partner
- Keep the Partner informed of all issues and how they are being addressed.
Ensure that the AIC performs the following reviews:
- Ensure that the general audit approach is correct.
- Ensure that all x-references are correct.
- Ensure all work papers are signed off.
- Ensure that all balances are audited.
- Ensure that all key issues are properly identified and documented.
- Ensure that work papers are neat, logical and concise.
- Communicate all issues with the manager/partner and client timeously.
The manager review should include the following:
- Ensure that the audit approach for each potential error in all major account balances is correct.
- Ensure that the client complied with IFRS/ISA, Companies Act as well as other laws and regulations that auditors should be aware of, and which could cause material irregularities.
- Ensure that the audit file is consistent and that issues identified in one section are considered across the audit.
- Ensure that there is consistency between the planning, control testing, substantive testing and the conclusions reached.
- Ensure that all issues are identified, documented and timeously communicated to the partner and the client.
- A review of all work papers.
- Ensuring that the AIC review has been performed.
File close down
- Use the SA final completion checklist as a guide.
- Ensure that all queries are cleared.
- At the interim, assess whether your client is subject to the PSR review or not.
- All deliverables are subject to review, either PSR or concurring review by manager/partner.
WIP should be checked at least once a month for the following:
- That the right staff are charging your codes and that the time charged is consistent with your understanding/planning/budget.
- That your billings have come through
- That your client has paid. It is the manager’s responsibility to follow up payment and ensure timeous payments are made.
- Track actual against budget with detailed reasons for overruns.
- Ensure that you meet with your facilitates at least every 3 months.
- Keep track of their planning going forward.
Ensure that PRs are done timeously and that DNAs are updated.
We are looking for someone who has the following qualifications
- Post graduate degree: Honours/Certificate in the Theory of Accounting
- CA (SA)
You will need to have the following Experience and Technical competencies
- Three years articles
- Post articles experience is an advantage
- Preferably experience in the public sector
- Updated technical knowledge to effectively manage risk.
You will need to have the following Behavioural competencies
- Interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with Partners, clients and internal staff.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to coach and motivate.
Requisition code: ZA125565TS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top