Assurance Consultant (IT Audit)
Ready for a fast-paced exciting career? Have a passion for helping your clients reduce risk and increase value? As a Consultant in Deloitte's Assurance practice, you'll provide our clients with specialized audit analytics and internal control services related to financial reporting. You'll also help them navigate the complexities, risks and opportunities in their "extended enterprises" by proactively managing and monitoring risks presented by third party relationships.
Work you'll do
- Identify and evaluate complex technology and business risks and internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Advise in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offering for industry projects.
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to analyze, design, and/or implement products and services
- Understand client's business environments and basic risk management approaches.
Our specialists understand the dynamics of serving complex, global clients across multiple industries, and the importance of increasing transparency around business performance. We provide specialized audit analytics and internal control services for external audit clients and other services for financial reporting. To further exploit opportunities and mitigate the risks presented by different markets, we also work with clients to navigate complexities, risks and opportunities presented by third-party relationships. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Assurance practice.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems Administration or related field
- 2+ years of related experience within professional services, external audit or IT audit
- Demonstrated experience auditing general computer controls and IT control testing of applications, operating systems, and databases.
- Strong background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environments
- Experience identifying controls, developing and executing test plans
- Demonstrated ability to write report segments and to participate in presentations
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or COSO
- Open to travel requirements
- MBA or Masters in Accounting or Information Systems
- CPA, CISA or CISSP
- SAP or Oracle controls experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATESRCHC004-TR
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top