Assurance - Audit Director - Mining and Resources
Audit Director –Mining and Resources
Our people are ourbrand, and they play an active role in shaping and driving our brand withclients and each other every day. In this role, you’ll be joining a team ofinnovative and passionate thinkers to deliver exceptional service to ourclients.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing DeloitteProfessionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who areat the heart of our success. From day one at our firm, you are a part of ourDeloitte community, and our development and career progression framework willhelp you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed. Wellness ofour people and our ability to offer flexible, tailored working arrangements isat the centre of our business to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged andfeel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day, which is key toour success .We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity,inclusiveness and the true spirit of ‘And different’.
About our team
Deloitte’s Assurance & Advisory team of more than 900 professionalsnationally serve many of Australia’s largest publicly-owned companies, privatebusinesses and the three tiers of government. Our Assurance & Advisory teamcomprises of market leading professionals who possess extensive experience inproviding a range of audit and advisory services to assist clients in achievingtheir business objectives, managing their risk and improving their businessperformance.
About the role
As an Audit Director within our A&A practice, you will be responsible forsupporting partners in executing business strategy, which will include;
- Growing and successfully leading senior client relationships in allstages of an audit life cycle
- Acquiring new business though business development, networks andreferrals
- Working closely with project and bid teams to develop, prepare and presentproposals and tenders of work nationally
- Collaborating with partners to develop junior talent and lead staff
- Partnering with finance to manage budgets, negotiate fees and compileinternal and external reporting
- Excelling in the delivery of operational metrics and requirements
About your experience
To be considered for this role, you will have;
- Extensive experience as an external audit practitioner working for alarge chartered accounting firm
- Hands on experience leading your own portfolio from a varied client base
- An industry specialism ideally in Mining, Resources and/or Energy
- Strong leadership skills to successfully lead and develop teams andjunior staff
- An ability to nurture and grow relationships at a senior level
Further to this, weare keen to see a proven success in the winning of new business and projectmanaging national and international tenders of work. As well as high levels ofpersonal ambition and a desire to make an impact are drivers of your success, thehighest level of technical accounting competence and your CA qualification is amust.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team isavailable to have a confidential discussion regarding this role and otheropportunities we have within the business, please contact Stevie Nott on 02 9322 3041.
Requisition code: AUEXP130434
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top