Assurance & Advisory - Technical audit - Manager - Sydney
Want to work with an intellectually curious team working to design and develop innovative solutions for our clients? Are you looking for your next role in Technical audit? Read on!
About the role
Assurance & Advisory Quality & Risk (AAQR) contribute to Deloitte's prosperity and the execution of strategy in a commercial and sustainable manner, while protecting and keeping the firm safe. The Quality & Risk framework is simple, consistent and agile, enabled to discern what's coming next, with monitoring and compliance. An opportunity exists to join the AAQR team as a Manager in Sydney and Melbourne.
The opportunity will provide challenging assignments and interesting work, including:
- Providing timely, practical and technically sound advice and assistance to audit and assurance teams relating to a broad range of quality and risk areas
- Providing mentoring and coaching to junior team members
- Overseeing and managing the external and internal audit inspection process
- Assisting with developing and delivering audit and assurance technical training to partners and practitioners
- Maintaining the underlying audit content incorporated within the Deloitte specific audit software (EMS) and developing tools, templates and resources to assist audit and assurance practitioners in performing their engagements
- Communicating new and upcoming audit and assurance related information to the practice
As a Manager in the national team based in Sydney or Melbourne you will consult with senior audit practitioners on quality and risk related matters, including responding to queries.
In addition you will have:
- Strong working knowledge of auditing standards and good working knowledge of accounting standards
- You are a professionally Qualified or Certified Auditor (e.g. CPA / CA / ACCA)
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and complete tasks/projects in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Interest in working on quality and risk initiatives in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work within a team (both local and virtual) as well as independently when required
- Some experience in a role within audit quality, risk management and/or learning is beneficial but not mandatory
We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. Regarding this role, you can contact Jirrah Meredith via 02 9322 5567
Requisition code: AUEXP133458
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top