Assurance - Actuarial and Insurance Solutions, General Insurance - Nearly/qualified Actuary
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today’s changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients’ business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Special Services Group
- Financial Institutions Services Team
- Capital Markets Team
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
About the Job
What we offer
- Exciting career growth prospects with remuneration to match
- The prospect of working closely with actuaries and other professionals who are leaders in their fields
- The opportunity to explore less traditional actuarial fields and be involved in leading edge projects
- A large team of professionals to support business and professional growth and provide project resources
- The international Deloitte network provides opportunities to travel and access to international best practice
As part of the specialist General Insurance team, you will work closely with a range of local and international clients and on a diverse spectrum of assignments. You will also have access to our European knowledge base and Solvency II General Insurance secondments which may arise.
You would need to have the following qualifications
- Nearly/newly qualified Actuary
You would need to have the following Experience and Technical competencies
- The ability to manage your own work responsibilities as well as provide guidance to other actuarial staff
- Strong analytical and modelling capabilities
- Pricing experience/knowledge will be an advantage
- 3+ years of General Insurance including capital modeling and management, reserving and reinsurance is ideal
- Specific experience of Solvency II , QIS, SAM & General Insurance risk management will count strongly
You would need to have the following behavioral competencies
- Dynamic individual with strong technical skills as well as the ability to interact professionally with senior client management
- Confidence in client facing situations and the ability to manage clients and client expectations on large projects
- Enthusiasm about and ability to develop business and product lines
- Strong interpersonal skills and an aptitude for supervising teams and mentoring individuals
- Technical proficiency and an eagerness to expand skills and develop knowledge
- An ability to thrive in a busy environment with multiple deliverables
- An element of travel mobility
- The ability to interact in a team-environment
- The ability to find innovative solutions to complex and often unusual challenges
Requisition code: ZA128569TS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top