Assistant Risk Manager, Insurance & Risk Management
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
Work directly with Insurance and Risk Management team on the US Firms' property & casualty insurance programs including exposure analysis, review of coverage, compiling exposure information, and negotiating renewal terms and conditions. In addition, this position will have significant responsibility for contractual insurance requirements review as well as claim reporting and claim management including proper notification, working with internal/external legal counsel, reviewing reserves and ensuring best recovery/settlement for the US firms.
- Review insurance provisions/requirements in client engagement agreements/contracts, subcontracts, leases and vendor contracts to ensure compliance with the US Firms' insurance and risk management programs and resolve conflicts as necessary. Provide insurance/risk guidance as needed to internal clients including Office of General Counsel, Talent, Strategic Procurement Services, Strategic Risk Management and Real Estate Services.
- Secure information, update spreadsheets and analyze data contained in various underwriting schedules including the US firms' property/asset values, office locations and square footage, leased/owned vehicles and employee payroll (including payroll audits) as part of annual renewal process.
- Assist with all property/casualty claims management for the US Firms and their personnel including, but not limited to, vehicles, worker's compensation, general liability and property. This includes helping to coordinate defense activities with internal/external counsel, monitor broker/carrier claim handling process, ensure appropriate reserving practices and contribute to periodic claim audits.
- College graduate with minimum 5 years of progressive commercial insurance industry experience with particular emphasis on contractual risk transfer and coverage terms analysis.
- One or more industry designations preferred: Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Claim Management (ACM), Chartered Property/Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM), etc.
- Prior experience with ergonomics in a high technology environment, professional services and a partnership structure a plus.
- Needs excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interact on a daily basis with all levels within the US Firms as well as clients and vendors on technical issues involving commercial property/casualty insurance contracts.
- Ability to negotiate "win/win" results with respect to insurance requirements in client contracts; pricing and coverage terms and conditions on insurance policies/renewals; and, claim recoveries or settlements.
- Should possess superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Requisition code: E17NATSMGRJA020-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top