Apps DBA - Senior Solution Engineer - USDC
Oracle - Apps DBA - Senior Solution Engineer - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology a solutions builder, a roll up your sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Identify key drivers of a defined, straightforward problem and propose solutions.
- Manage work to work plans for components on engagements.
- Select the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements.
- Extend standard functionality by developing new forms and applications.
- Use Oracle Open Interface tables and Public APIs.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with implementing and/or upgrading Oracle database applications.
- 3+ years of Oracle DB Administration and Development in Oracle 10g or higher.
- Expert communication skills, both written and oral.
- Hands-on experience in the following:
- SQL, PL/SQL programming
- RDBMS and Oracle DB concepts
- Oracle EBS Application Object Library (AOL)
- UNIX OS programming
- Experience with functioning of Oracle installations, upgrades, and installing patches.
- Experience with monitoring, tuning and capacity planning.
- Experience in performing database recovery, backup, and restoration.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability and willingness to acquire U.S. Security Clearance
- Must be willing to live and work in the Orlando, FL area
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Apps, Forms and Objects.
- Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members.
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving.
- Strong understanding of software development principles.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on the job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about U.S. Delivery Center Benefits
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ORLCSRCVE006-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top