Application Security Manager
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Application Security Manager
Location: Open - Any US Office
The Audit & Assurance Application Security Manager works closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to support business transformation through the development of next-generation practitioner tools.
This role is responsible for the security posture of Audit & Assurance business applications by driving security in the software design and development process, developing or validating security requirements, and driving successful completion of security evaluation and testing. Additionally, validating adherence to security policies, standards, and industry-accepted best practices. Working between technical and non-technical domains, the Application Security Manager is responsible for providing consultative expertise regarding security risks and risk mitigation approaches.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop detailed application security architecture for Audit & Assurance solutions.
- Ensure applications meet compliance and security requirements.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to solution architects, developers, technical risk analysts, and others on information security principles, standards, and best practices.
- Assist in the socialization and adoption of enterprise security and compliance requirements.
- Maintain awareness of evolving application security threats and counsel development, business, and risk stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of vendor products and technologies.
- Provide security recommendations to business innovation teams in technologies such as Blockchain, cognitive computing, machine learning, etc.
- Lead, coach and mentor project teams to incorporate security into enterprise and client-facing applications
- Oversee and drive the design and implementation of application security controls in support of compliance requirements.
- Develop and deliver communications to management and company-wide stakeholders
Application Security Management
- Drive successful completion of static code analysis, penetration testing, architecture review, and change management activities.
- Evaluate the likelihood and impact of application vulnerabilities; develop and drive mitigation approaches.
- Respond to member firm and client inquiries, provide application-specific security subject matter expertise.
- Maintain accurate representation of application risks, vulnerabilities, and non-conformities; ensure remediation tasks are completed by development teams.
- Evaluate application Product Backlog Items (PBIs) for security impact.
Required Technical Skills
- Capability to design and/or evaluate secure cloud-based solutions.
- Experience evaluating the likelihood and impact of application vulnerabilities.
- Experience conducting or managing application penetrating testing.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure security principles and functions.
- Experience developing and communicating application security vision, strategy and roadmap
- Familiarity with SOC 2 principles; experience in application security to meet SOC 2 requirements preferred.
- Experience with Agile practices, SCRUM, Microsoft SDL, and STRIDE.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Fortify/Fortify on Demand, Veracode, Sonaqube, Blackduck, and Artifactory.
- Solid capabilities across multiple security domains such as identity and access management (IAM), public-key encryption, security information and event management (SIEM), incident response, threat & vulnerability management.
- Practical knowledge of information security standards and risk assessment frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, NIST 800-32, Cloud Control Matrix (CCM) desired.
- Ability to quickly and succinctly architect and create technical solution documentation.
- Consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, project management, etc.).
- Excellent communication, listening and facilitation skills.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) desired
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree; minimum 5 years of experience in software development, security architecture, and/or application security.
- Up to 30% travel required
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we've invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people's growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRNM014-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top