Application Modernization Architect
Are you a talented, creative Application Architect with experience on Application Modernization projects, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients' most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant in our Application Modernization practice you will bring considerable expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
This position is responsible for analyzing the current state of legacy applications and providing guidance and recommendations regarding the future state, including platforms, middleware, application architecture, suggested reengineering approaches, performance and security considerations.
The architect will provide technical design guidance to the application team, coordinate technical activities to ensure smooth system operation, implement and enforce standards, perform code reviews, monitor modernization / mitigation activities, coordinate application builds and deployments as appropriate, coordinate testing as appropriate, and oversee interfaces and batch cycles activities as appropriate
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Senior Consultants in the Application Modernization practice are required to have:
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience as a lead solution architect.
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience with IBM z/OS. Good understanding of z/OS architecture and typical workloads. Good working knowledge of COBOL, JCL, either CICI or IMS/TM (IMS/TM preferred)
- Experience with large enterprise z/OS application development and operations, including large scale batch transaction processing
- Experience with VSAM and DB2. IMS/DB a big plus.
- Experience with distributed platforms and middleware, either Windows or Linux. Knowledge of object oriented programming and either Java or C# a plus.
- Experience with typical distributed platform architectural considerations, including load balancing, fault tolerance, horizontal and vertical scaling.
- Experience with at least one leading application server and DBMS, for example IBM WebSphere and Oracle
- Good understanding of differences between z/OS and distributed systems in regards of architecture, application development and systems operations. Experience in migrating applications from z/OS to distributed systems is much preferable
- Three (3) years of experience in verbal and written communications with clients and technical staff in English
- TOGAF or similar certification a plus
- Experience working in management consulting
- Experience leading teams either onshore or offshore
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- An advanced degree is a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18EASCSRCAT212-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top