Application Modernization Architect
Application Modernization Architect
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you'll do
This position is responsible for analyzing the current state of legacy applications and providing guidance and recommendations regarding the future state, including platforms, middleware, application architecture, suggested reengineering approaches, performance and security considerations.
The architect will provide technical design guidance to the application team, coordinate technical activities to ensure smooth system operation, implement and enforce standards, perform code reviews, monitor modernization / mitigation activities, coordinate application builds and deployments as appropriate, coordinate testing as appropriate, and oversee interfaces and batch cycles activities as appropriate.
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience as a lead solution architect
- A minimum of 10 years' experience with IBM z/OS. Good understanding of z/OS architecture and typical workloads. Good working knowledge of COBOL, JCL, either CICS or IMS/TM (IMS/TM preferred.)
- Experience with large enterprise z/OS application development and operations, include large scale batch and transaction processing.
- Experience with VSAM and DB2. IMS/DB a big plus.
- Experience with distributed platforms and middleware, either Windows or Linux. Knowledge of object oriented programming and either Java or C# a plus.
- Experience with typical distributed platform architectural considerations, including load balancing, fault tolerance, horizontal and vertical scaling.
- Experience with at least one leading application server and DBMS, for example IBM WebSphere and Oracle.
- Good understanding of differences between z/OS and distributed systems in regards of architecture, application development and systems operations. Experience in migrating applications from z/OS to distributed systems is much preferable.
- Three (3) years of experience in verbal and written communications with clients and technical staff in English
- TOGAF or similar certification a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18LASCMGRDS015-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top