Application Developer Consultant
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities. Clients depend on us for straightforward advice and results that create value.
With nearly 10,000 Deloitte Consulting employees in more than 80 U.S. cities, we understand that people are our most precious resource. We also know that serving our clients and helping them and our people excel demands a diverse range of skills, talent, experiences and backgrounds.
About The Deloitte Solutions Network
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solutions Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major package applications and technologies – PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, Networking, SAN, Server Virtualization, Cloud, etc. SNET staff is exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serves as an R&D function for Deloitte.
As a dynamic and leading edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills.
Custom/Application Developer Responsibilities
The Solutions Network (SNET) Custom/Application Developer will be responsible for providing technical services and assistance for application and technology products supported by the Solutions Network. This position will be located in Deloitte's Washington, DC/Rosslyn facility, and will be part of a larger team based in Philadelphia, PA, and Hyderabad, India. The position will be focused on supporting the Federal Practice in internal application development, solutions development (including DevOps), systems administration, client projects as well as pursuits. Activities include but are not limited to architecture design, configuration, implementation and maintenance of selected packages and applications. In addition to hands-on technical work, this position will also require providing assistance to project teams with project planning, developing documentation, and guidance for system and environment improvements.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (Software/Computer Technology Field Preferred)
Work Location: Washington DC/Rosslyn Office
Position: Delivery Center Model (like USDC, Orlando)
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must be US Citizen
- The position may require active U.S. government Top Security/Special Compartmental Information Clearance, or the ability to obtain these US government security clearances
Travel Requirements: Up to 50% is possible
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Ruby, Python, Powershell)
- Build and maintain web applications
- DevOps, System Administration, SQL queries
- Linux and Windows administration, trouble shooting, develop automation scripts, and monitoring
- Basic knowledge of Networking (e.g. Routing, DNS, Firewall)
- Integrate solutions with Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS) products using Web Service and application programming Interface (API) Technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Relevant Business Skills
- Ability to work with peers, clients and engagement teams on project assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Customer service oriented planning and communication skills
- Experience integrating various applications with other applications
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
- Knowledge of federal industry
- Manage multiple task assignments simultaneously
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivated and proactive work approach
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree (Software/Computer Technology Field Preferred
Requisition code: E18PHICASAL008-SNET
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top