Anti-Money Laundering Manager
Do you have a passion for investigating and combating money laundering, terrorist financing, and sanctions around the world? Our global network includes former bank regulators, federal law enforcement officials, financial institution compliance offers, and more. As an Anti-Money Laundering Manager, you will have the opportunity to help our clients mitigate their risks related to money laundering, terrorist financing, and sanctions violations, as well as to improve their ability to meet regulatory requirements, expectations, and industry guidance for sound programs and controls. You will build your professional skills in a variety of project experiences by assisting our clients to understand the complexities of issues they face, and by implementing solutions to help them remediate identified issues.
Work you'll do
In this interesting and diverse role, you'll have the opportunity to work with our worldwide network of member firms. In a variety of engagements, you will be involved in:
- The design, review, enhancement, implementation, and monitoring of numerous anti-money laundering and sanctions detection and compliance programs for clients around the world.
- Engagements that may include assessing AML risk at the enterprise and business unit level, drafting and enhancing policies and procedures, creating and delivering training modules, compliance assessments, transaction monitoring "look backs" pursuant to regulatory orders, Know Your Customer ("KYC") remediations, internal controls assessments, internal investigations, and independent testing.
Against an increasingly complex regulatory landscape, Deloitte's Regulatory & Compliance team help clients in their efforts to mitigate risk and achieve compliance. We do this by leveraging our deep knowledge of industry regulations and demonstrated methodologies to help clients design, assess, and transform their processes. We work with our clients to help them effectively navigate a regulatory investigation or inquiry, and by helping them to achieve the overall risk profile they need to power their organization forward. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Regulatory and Compliance practice.
- Subject matter expertise in BSA/AML/OFAC regulations as they apply to financial institutions, including retail, wholesale and international business (trade finance)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in private or public sector AML-focused activities
- Writing and editing the BSA/AML/OFAC compliance manuals and review other bank policy and procedure manuals as appropriate
- Coordinating BSA/AML/OFAC training effort including the development and delivery of training
- Coordinating & developing annual AML/BSA/OFAC compliance, testing, and project plans
- Coordinating enterprise-wide AML risk assessment exercises
- Providing advice regarding banking regulations and requirements to the business lines on regulatory, transactional and documentation issues
- Experience in managing a team of professional AML/OFAC compliance practitioners
- Must be absolutely flexible with up to 100% travel requirements of client service projects
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Certifications such as CAMS and CFE
- Regulatory experience
- Ability to speak multiple languages
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATAMGRLF110-AML
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top