Android Developer - Manager
Are you a talented, experienced and creative Developer, interested in working in a team-oriented environment to create innovative solutions that solves our clients' most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you'll do
As a valued resource in our practice you will bring considerable expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients. Your work would involve the following:
- Work in an Agile XP environment that combines Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, short iterations, and Pair Programming to radically improve software quality
- Problem solve and collaborate constantly as you work within your pair on a small SCRUM team that interacts with several other SCRUM teams
- Groom and prioritize the backlog to work through the highest priority and highest ROI stories
- Demonstrate full-stack awareness with an aptitude to learn from your pair to strengthen your capabilities
- Pivot SCRUM teams, programming pairs, and modules to knowledge share, coach, and learn while keeping the sprint on track
- Assisting clients with application architecture design, assessment and optimization including definition, documentation and implementation of new application architectures
- Review and evaluation of key attributes of existing application architectures
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Senior Consultants in the Development practice are required to have:
- Knowledge of Web-based enterprise systems with experience that includes integrating multiple applications using a service-oriented architecture
- At least 2 years of experience with large scale technology engagements
- Minimum of 2 full system development life-cycle implementations
- 10+ years in a management consulting environment working on site, client-facing
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time or be resident in Detroit, MI
- Strong, hands-on development skills in Android, iOS
- Agile methodology development experience is required
- Experience with Agile programming techniques is required (Pair Programming and TDD)
- Experience writing test code
- Ability to work as part of a development team, on a regular basis
- Experience in design, front-end, back-end and full-stack development
- Experience defining specifications and development guidelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using accepted methodologies and project management skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in an IEEE recognized Engineering discipline
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17DETCMGRAT301-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top