Android Developer, Deloitte Digital, Consulting, Edinburgh
Don’t believe in splendid isolation? Neither do we.
For us, developers are not people who sit in a room somewhere churning out code. We work alongside clients, their customers and other agency disciplines, combining technical expertise with innovative thinking. It’s how we outclass the competition and create the best digital experiences.
As part of our team you’ll be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions. You’ll have the chance to work with some of the best developers, UX designers and strategists in the business, using digital to shape the future of how we live, work and play.
Where is it?
Based in our digital studio at Saltire Court, a stone’s throw from the iconic Edinburgh Castle, home to a fun, passionate team who really understand what digital means for Scotland, today and tomorrow.
- Work with outstanding talent across disciplines to innovate and solve some of the most exciting problems for our clients.
- Work with team leaders to develop product and design specs for the components you’ll be working on as part of any new build.
- Own design, implementation, and testing for the system for those components.
- Going beyond standard duties and responsibilities to champion small details, spot opportunities and add extra value for our clients.
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second) is a must, along with the right to live and work in the UK
You’ll also have
- Extensive experience within software development.
- Strong background of designing and developing mobile and/or web applications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one current mobile operating system.
- Experience working in development teams using agile development methods and supporting tools such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Drive and determination to continually learn new things and develop yourself into a world class digital developer.
- Has delivered at least one product, preferably in an agile development team.
- Strong OOAD experience.
- Strong TDD or BDD experience and evidence of the application of good software quality principles.
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience with integrating with other systems using web services and RESTful APIs.
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications.
- Strong working knowledge of mobile development environment.
- Multi-threaded coding experience, along with practical implementation experience of both asynchronous and synchronous code.
- Solid debugging (Xcode, Eclipse or IntelliJ preferred) and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of MVC development patterns.
- Appreciation of memory and other working constraints for mobile app development.
- Database experience on mobile devices.
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital.
We’re a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
As part of our team, you’ll work side by side with strategists, designers, researchers, engineers, writers, architects and product specialists – using your unique skills and perspective to help drive transformation from operational level to the C-suite, across a complete range of digital channels.
We believe in our people, which means giving them the support they need to get the best balance of work and life. Individuality, flexibility, diversity are things we’re passionate about. We wouldn’t be Deloitte Digital without it.
As part of our Consultancy practice your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. We will work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations, and provide an open environment to discuss your development and progression with Deloitte.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Forecast and change the landscape of cyberspace, support clients to survive and prosper in this disruptive and ever increasingly digital age, while you support talented and more junior colleagues and impact the communities you operate within.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 125194
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top