Do you want to broaden your leadership capabilities by working for a leading consulting firm that drives eminence in the marketplace? Are you interested in leveraging your analytical skills and strategic ideas to improve mission execution? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Our Federal Strategy and Operations teams bring deep industry expertise, rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to help solve our client's most complex business problems. Join our team, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future and help transform the Federal marketplace.
Work you'll Do
As a Manager within our Analytics team, you will:
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects
- Actively participate in the development of business and vendor relationships
- Drive the conceptual and detailed design of enterprise scale analytics capabilities
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
- Responsible for project(s) financials including development of financial plans
- Manages day-to-day interactions with clients and internal Deloitte team
- Displays both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Displays leadership and business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Provide counseling/coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
- Focus on managed revenue targets as well as achieving quarterly or yearly sales objectives for new business
- Lead business development initiatives to grow the Analytics team and the Federal practice
- Manage resources and budget on client projects
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
By offering client-tailored services and deep industry insight, the Business Model Transformation team helps clients to seize new growth opportunities, maximize operational effectiveness, elevate their quality of service delivery, and stay ahead of customer demand. Consider a career where you'll thrive on helping Federal clients to execute on their strategic visions and improve mission performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other business-related field
- 6+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- 2+ years in a technical or functional lead role
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- TS/SCI Clearance is required
- Individual will be responsible for quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data to assess contextual and spatial/temporal relationships in the data.
- Individual will work on small teams to conceptualize, design, develop, test, and harden for deployment advanced analytics, e.g. algorithms in Python, R, VBA, Excel, and other tools as required by the client's problem and environment.
- Will likely contribute to the design and development of visualizations and other decision products tailored to the advanced analytics and the client's decision problem; will be required to both perform analytics and communicate analytic findings and outputs.
- Qualified candidates must have a strong orientation to quantitative, data-driven analysis including some of the following skills:
- Microsoft Excel – expert proficiency as demonstrated by advanced use of array and nested formulas and strong pivot table use; VBA is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated understanding of statistics; experience with stats packages such as SPSS, STATA, SAS, or MATLAB is a plus
- Programming languages: Python, R, VBA, SQL, C++
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS): ArcGIS, QGIS
- Data Visualization: Tableau; Qlikview; D3, Spotfire, Oracle BI, Cognos BI
- Experience working in a cloud based environment, such as the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or the Amazon Cloud and using languages such as Jupyter and TensorFlow
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSMGRANLT-30461
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top