Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and thrives on anticipating the unexpected? Are you energized by helping Federal organizations prepare for challenges to mitigate risks? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Federal clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Consulting's Service Operations team! Our Federal practice brings deep industry expertise, rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve our client's most complex business problems. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant within our Service Operations team, you will:
- Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Design and optimize business processes in support of overall business operations and technology enablement, utilization and adoption
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provides coaching to junior staff
- Contributes to new business proposals and proposal development
- Manages own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experiences
- Will be responsible for quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data to assess contextual and spatial/temporal relationships in the data
- Will will work on small teams to conceptualize, design, develop, test, and harden for deployment advanced analytics, e.g. algorithms in Python, R, VBA, Excel, and other tools as required by the client's problem and environment
- Will contribute to the design and development of visualizations and other decision products tailored to the advanced analytics and the client's decision problem; will be required to both perform analytics and communicate analytic findings and outputs.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Service Operations team provides expertise to Federal clients facing budgetary constraints by helping them define, implement, and sustain workable improvements within their environment. Our Service Operations professionals bring strong domain knowledge, and expertise in project management, business process re-engineering, performance management, and operations management to help our clients meet the challenges of a rapidly evolving business landscape.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other business-related field
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required TS/SCI Security Clearance for this role
- Qualified candidates must have a strong orientation to quantitative, data-driven analysis including some of the following skills: Microsoft Excel – expert proficiency as demonstrated by advanced use of array and nested formulas and strong pivot table use; VBA is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated understanding of statistics; experience with stats packages such as SPSS, STATA, SAS, or MATLAB is a plus
- Programming languages: Python, R, VBA, SQL, C++
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS): ArcGIS, QGIS
- Data Visualization: Tableau; Qlikview; D3, Spotfire, Oracle BI, Cognos BI
- Experience working in a cloud based environment, such as the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or the Amazon Cloud and using languages such as Jupyter and TensorFlow
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Experience working with Lean Six Sigma
- Well versed in Business Process Re-Engineering
- Previous hands on experience with value stream mapping and predictive modeling
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSCSRCKD30743
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top