ALM Platform Engineer
We are seeking an enthusiastic person for an Application Lifecycle Management Platform Engineer position with enterprise experience in requirements management, change management, continuous integration, release management and general automation. This role will architect, implement and support platforms and processes leveraged by ~1000 applications hosted in our environment. Your skills are broad –scripting, user experience, integration, database – and you easily transition between those and handle multiple projects and priorities. You like to leverage modern technology and can quickly assemble it to create great solutions that are not over-engineered.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute all upgrades and infrastructure migrations for the IBM BuildForge platform.
- Maintain the integration and connections between BuildForge and other ALM platforms.
- Perform configuration and data cleanup in the BuildForge platform using perl, java or direct database queries.
- Serve as SME for BuildForge, leading all engineering initiatives and enhancements to the platform.
- Recommend new and emerging techniques, tools, and best practices to support implementation and adoption of shared services.
- Provide platform-level administration for Microsoft's Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) including license management, extension management/review/oversight, security, and regular assessment of fixes and enhancements to the platform on a three week basis to gauge impact to our organization.
- Design and build Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines for new on premise and cloud technologies and services in both IBM BuildForge and VSTS.
- Champion Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes.
- Provide 2nd-level platform support.
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment pipeline.
- Mentor and train other engineers, participate and lead specialist practice community events
Required Technical Skills:
- 5 years - IBM BuildForge administration and configuration
- 1 yr - Visual Studio Team Services (Or TFS utilizing Build/Release)
- 5 years – Build and Deployment automation in the .NET space using one or more platforms such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TFS, TeamCity, UrbanCode, etc.
- 5 years – Troubleshooting .NET applications hosted on the Windows Server OS using IIS
- 1 yr – Basic MS SQL Server administration including installation, backups, writing/executing queries
- 3 yrs – PowerShell-based scripting
- Enterprise-level job experience, focusing on high volume, scalability and reusability when architecting automated solutions
- Strong understanding and application of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts
- Proven ability and experience with automating IT processes through scripting or development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Git version control
- Experience with tools for log parsing, network captures and web/http tracing
- General knowledge of network, firewalls and load balancers
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT-related field and a minimum of 5 years work experience in the areas of Build/Deployment automation, DevOps, and application hosting.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRGO021-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top