Alliances Marketing Manager
Deloitte Consulting Alliances Marketing Manager
Are you a sharp analytical thinker who is adept at building relationships and enjoys implementing marketing strategies? Can you leverage your marketing expertise to communicate breakthrough ideas internally and externally? If so, you may be a great fit for our Alliances Marketing Manager role. This position be part of a 20-person alliance marketing team and independently lead the marketing for a small portfolio of Deloitte alliances.
Work You'll Do
Alliance marketing managers have a breadth of responsibilities including the following activities:
- Develop a broad understanding of Deloitte Technology market offerings and solutions and develop a strategy for the most effective alliance marketing initiatives in support of these offerings.
- Plan and deliver effective marketing programs which build eminence for alliance programs and drive business growth.
- Build relationships with Deloitte and vendor alliance sales, marketing and business development team members to develop targeted marketing plans and communications.
- Collaborate with key relationship managers both inside Deloitte and with vendor counterparts to develop and implement alliance and vendor co-marketing programs and campaigns (conferences, events, thought leadership, collateral, online programs).
- Support the execution of events for alliances geared toward brand awareness, alliance knowledge transfer and lead generation including, but not limited to conferences, seminars, trade shows, regional events or roundtables and alliance sponsored events.
- Create internal communications that support alliance positions within Deloitte (e.g., intranet articles, broadcast emails, webinars, etc.).
- Promote Deloitte's capabilities and experience to key stakeholders within the technology alliance vendors – in particular, sales and marketing representatives.
- Manage deadlines for vendor contracts, deposits and invoices.
- Maintain project timelines and deliverables to ensure successful events and marketing collateral.
- Participate in conference calls to understand key initiatives and their impact on the alliances and partners and help facilitate marketing materials to support the initiatives.
- Work closely with team members to share best practices and leverage marketing programs and initiatives; create a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
- 8-10 years of prior relevant experience with technology alliance marketing experience preferred
- Experience in social media marketing and demand generation practices
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Exercise sound judgment in interpreting firm policies and objectives
- Proficiency with Firm standard word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications required
- Experience in public relations, event marketing, thought leadership, collateral development, advertising, branding and social media
- Strong negotiation skills are mandatory as the individual will be negotiating with suppliers and alliance partners on behalf of Deloitte.
- Strong communication skills are mandatory as the individual will be creating written messages, collateral items, etc. as well as presenting concepts and ideas to colleagues, internal clients and alliance partners.
- Strong budget management skills are mandatory as this position has significant budget development and management responsibility.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with demonstrable experience in consistently delivering high quality results.
- Expertise in dealing with all management levels within an organization, and ability to work within a matrix organizational structure.
- Ability to work well within a team, particularly in a virtual mode with remote resources
Relevant Business Skills:
- Excellent team player (Ability to share and communicate knowledge with team/others)
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to manage work and meet specific deadlines, highly organized and self-sufficient, with high energy and enthusiasm
- Adaptable and flexible
- High integrity – honors commitments: consistent and predictable follow-up
- Interactions with Deloitte leadership, alliance teams, and project teams as required
- Contact with vendor staff and Deloitte Consulting clients as required
Deloitte Consulting Alliances Team is made up of professional alliance managers, alliance marketers and technical architects who understand the principles that drive successful alliance relationships. Together, they enable differentiated, innovative go-to-market solutions between our practice and alliance partners that bring quantified value to our clients and incremental revenue to the firm.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRCR212-ALL
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top