As an Agile/Scrum Master-Manager you're focused in estimating work effort, planning sprint backlogs, facilitating daily scrums, and conducting sprint demo & retrospective meetings throughout all agile sprint phases for the project. Must understand and execute on backlog items by working closely with the Product Owner and the distributed project team, making sure deliverables reflect requirements, on-time with production quality. Play key role in resolving business and team conflicts. Must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding gaps and ensuring Product Owner involvement in business decisions and description of the business flow.
Work you'll do
The Scrum master role involves understanding the agile processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams, and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget.
- Forecast sprint iterations with the Product Owner and concerned business partners
- Coach individuals in agile processes and tools
- Help team to clarify goals and activities to be on-track
- Keep the team focused - shield the team from outside distractions and interferences
- Ensure the correct use of scrum process
- Monitor and eliminate team conflicts
- Conduct sprint Demo and Retrospective
- Stakeholder Management, Negotiation & Communication Skills
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Agile/Scrum Master-Managers are required to have:
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience managing and delivering large scale custom development or systems integration projects using Agile delivery methodology
- 5+ years planning and managing large project initiatives in a Project Management Office with 40+ team size and in onsite / offshore delivery model
- Must have very good knowledge in testing, continuous code delivery and deployment experience using DevOPS/CI (Continuous Integration) tools
- Understanding of methodologies including waterfall, iterative/RUP delivery approach, and help client assist in their thinking process as they adapt to Agile
- Experience in working with standard Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools to quickly establish traceability / collaboration among project/program functional rudiments – be hands-on using collaborative tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Jama Software, GIT / GitHub and ALM integrations etp>
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile scrum development & testing practices
- 3+ years of experience with Agiler Project Management Tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, HP Agile Manager, Rally etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the Jama, HP tools set, etc.
- 5+ years of experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives
- Experience with SAFe methodology(certification preferred)
- Scrum Master Certification
- A willingness to travel 80-100% of the time
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- In addition, successful Scrum Master-Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Project Management Certification - PMP
- Experience of projects involving solution development based on cloud (Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), web or mobile application architecture
- Experience of leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com
- Experience or passion for leading testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience leading teams in a collaborative environment
- Experience managing work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting requirements
- Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes
- Experience with industry standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An advanced degree in an area of specialization
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRAT305-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top