Advisory Specialist Master
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Specialist Master in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Specialist Master to perform daily aspects of client engagements, including scheduling and managing staff, presenting client deliverables, and working with clients' senior management. Perform engagement planning, budgeting, invoicing functions, and organizing. Gather business requirements, conduct data mapping, and document report specifications for trading, compliance, and portfolio management reports. Manage the implementation and reconciliation of financial reporting system. Act as subject matter expert in area of focus. Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business efficiency to clients. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Identify, propose, and sell projects to current and prospective clients. Facilitate use of technology. Act as coach to team members and staff in service area.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in statistics, finance, economics, quantitative economics, business administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of experience performing advanced econometrics, including panel data econometrics, time series, financial econometrics, and statistical analysis.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Working in the banking industry, including developing CCAR credit risk models, including PD, LGD and EAD for various products (credit cards and personal loans);
- Developing and validating credit risk models, including PD, LGD and EAD for various products (credit cards, mortgages, auto loans and student loans) for the purpose of CCAR and DFAST loss forecasting and stress testing;
- Applying advanced econometric and statistical modeling methods, including linear regression analysis, stationary/ non-stationary time series models, panel data regressions, logistic regression, survival analysis, Markov-State Transition Model, advanced forecasting methodology to solve real world problems;
- Writing programming scripts using statistical packages including SAS, MATLAB, and R to develop and implement the models;
- Writing programming scripts using statistical packages including STATA to develop, implement and validate the models, and critically assessing the model performance, including in-sample, out-of-sample, backtesting, sensitivity, stress testing, benchmarking results;
- Using SAS/SQL to query, merge, combine and analyze large data sets from different sources, with different categories;
- Utilizing macroeconomic forecast across different regulatory scenarios;
- Drafting reports regarding modeling methodologies and findings;
- Performing project management, including the full life cycle of the engagement; and
- Interfacing directly with client leadership to communicate and resolve issues arising through the course of engagements.
- Position requires approximately 20% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817NYC5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top