Advisory Specialist Leader
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Specialist Leader in Dallas, TX.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Specialist Leader in Technology Risk, Cyber Risk Services to oversee engagement planning, economics, and billing and manage proposal development efforts. Serve as a subject matter expert with respect to market trends and competitor activities. Evaluate, counsel, mentor and provide feedback on performance of others. Play substantive/lead role in retention of professionals and in building staff complement, mix, and recruiting. Manage the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects. Serve as subject matter expert. Construct and assess high-level and detailed security programs translating business needs and regulatory requirements into cost-effective and risk-appropriate controls. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Develop information security strategies and plans based upon generally accepted security standards. Utilize knowledge of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, business and information technology management processes, and market trends on client engagements. Build and nurture strong client relationships.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Decision Sciences, Risk Management or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Six years of data protection experience.
- Experience must include six years of:
- Leading data protection projects utilizing industry and compliance standards, including COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, and FISMA;
- Working with data protection tools including McAfee security products (data loss prevention, full disk, file and folder encryption, database activity monitoring, ePolicy Orchestrator, and Host Intrusion Prevention System);
- Developing and implementing data protection strategy solutions for Fortune 500 clients across multiple industries, including data loss, encryption and data classification;
- Assisting clients with developing technical requirements, evaluating solutions, developing architecture and design, and testing data protection solutions;
- Performing project management and presenting technical presentations;
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with decision makers at key clients;
- Leading the proposal development process, and contributing to the development of proposal pricing strategies; and
- Mentoring and guiding engagement teams, participating in the recruitment process, and providing leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Must have one of the following: CISSP, CISM, CIA, CISA.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817DAL1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top