Advisory Senior Manager
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Manager in McLean, VA.
Work You'll Do
Evaluate, counsel, mentor and provide feedback on performance of others. Play substantive/lead role in retention of professionals and in building staff complement, mix, and recruiting. Manage the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects. Construct and assess high-level and detailed security programs translating business needs and regulatory requirements into cost-effective and risk-appropriate controls. Oversee engagement planning, economics, and billing and manage proposal development efforts. Serve as a subject matter expert with respect to market trends and competitor activities. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Develop information security strategies and plans based upon generally accepted security standards. Utilize knowledge of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, business and information technology management processes, security software solutions, and market trends on client engagements. Build and nurture strong client relationships.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Risk Management, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Six years of cyber risk services, identity and access management and federal security standards experience.
- Experience must include six years of:
- Deploying technical solutions (including Identity and Access Management (IAM), Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC), Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), and security vulnerability management) to meet client business and regulatory requirements;
- Working with the leading Identity and Access Management solutions from IBM, CA, Oracle, Sailpoint, and ForgeRock;
- Performing cyber risk services in accordance with GLBA regulatory requirements, and utilizing compliance requirements (including PCI, HIPAA, HITECH, MARS-E);
- Performing project management, including managing large engagements;
- Organizing and leading pursuit teams and developing pursuit strategies;
- Leading the proposal development process, and contributing to the development of proposal pricing strategies and resource models;
- Developing, implementing, and managing cyber security programs, asset management, encryption strategy, and threat monitoring; and
- Mentoring and guiding engagement teams, participating in the recruitment process, and providing leadership and support for delivery teams and staff.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Leading the development of new and improved industry based solutions and methodologies to grow and extend the service offerings, PMO and managing projects, and assessing, implementing, and managing ongoing services for client and direct communication with client senior management and leadership to discuss engagements.
- Must have one of the following: CISSP, CISM, CIA, or CISA certification.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817MCL1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top