Advisory Senior Consultant (Vigilant Group/Cyber Risk)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant (Vigilant Group/Cyber Risk) in San Francisco, CA.
Work You'll Do
Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement. Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects. Use technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Construct and assess high-level and detailed security programs translating business needs and regulatory requirements into cost effective and risk appropriate controls. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Develop information security strategies and plans based upon generally accepted security standards. Utilize knowledge of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, business and information technology management processes, and market trends on client engagements. Generate innovative ideas and participate in decision making with engagement management. Build and nurture strong client relationships.
- Master's degree (or higher) in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, engineering, information technology or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience performing technical cyber security testing assessments.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Performing cyber security analysis and testing of industrial control, embedded systems, and Internet of Things ("IoT") devices;
- Performing network penetration testing, including external and internal in black box and grey box;
- Assessing the security of different networks and technologies, including Citrix, SAP, Oracle, Active Directory, Lotus Notes, and WiFi;
- Performing web application penetration testing for both internal applications and applications published on Internet;
- Utilizing industry standard methodologies, including SANS and OWASP to test applications in black box, grey box or white box;
- Performing penetration testing on mobile and desktop applications;
- Creating and modifying computer tools to help identify and remediate cyber security issues, including in common compiled and scripting languages including C, Python, or Ruby;
- Analyzing Windows and Linux systems after security compromise or incidents;
- Assessing clients' cyber security programs to identify gaps and weaknesses in current capabilities and to identify technical and strategic recommendations and improvements; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff members.
- Position requires approximately 90% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717SFO2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top