Advisory Senior Consultant (Vigilant Group)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Senior Consultant (Vigilant Group) in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in the Vigilant Group to identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement. Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects. Use technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Construct and assess high-level and detailed security programs translating business needs and regulatory requirements into cost effective and risk appropriate controls. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Develop information security strategies and plans based upon generally accepted security standards. Utilize knowledge of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, business and information technology management processes, and market trends on client engagements. Generate innovative ideas and participate in decision making with engagement management. Build and nurture strong client relationships.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Risk Management or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of cyber risk, regulatory compliance, architecting information systems, and IAM experience.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Conducting sessions to understand company's current IAM environment and associated challenges, and capturing requirements to implement desired IAM solution;
- Designing and implementing identity and access management solutions;
- Designing High Level Design Document highlighting all the use cases, high level architecture and required process logic;
- Designing Low Level Design Document containing detailed functional logic of each module, pseudo code, database tables, and dependency issues;
- Performing business analytics, vulnerability assessment including web application assessment, and code review;
- Developing and deploying Web applications, enterprise security or application security, implementation and utilizing programming and coding languages, and network architectures;
- Performing risk management, compliance management, and enterprise governance in a GRC technology;
- Utilizing security regulations, standards, and processes including security controls as outlined in NIST 800-53 Revision 4; and
- Leading work streams.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
- Position requires approximately 50% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817NYC4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top