Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Detroit, MI.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in Business Risk to understand business environment and basic compliance management approaches in consumer and industrial product industry. Execute internal control assessments based upon understanding of clients' business and applicable rules to that business and assess compliance accordingly. Generate observations and recommendations based upon applicable rules and successful business practices consumer and industrial products industry. Understand operational processes in consumer and industrial products industry. Demonstrate general knowledge of market trends and industry practices. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of decisions. Generate innovative ideas. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Identify opportunities to improve client relationships. Mentor, teach, and develop staff personnel on the firm's auditing and controls assessment methodologies, and monitor progress of staff personnel to ensure staff personnel are developing as expected.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in accounting, finance, business administration, engineering, management information systems, computer science, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent, including a 3-year foreign degree).
- Two years of internal controls, risk assessment, and auditing experience.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Applying audit standards including PCAOB, COBIT, and COSO;
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), AICPA auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, and US SEC financial reporting;
- Performing Segregation of Duties (SOD) assessments of business process controls;
- Conducting audits for Consumer industrial Products industry, including the automotive industry;
- Testing and designing the operating effectiveness of controls within the automotive industry using accepted accounting and statistical procedures in accordance with the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework;
- Developing effective oversight strategies in internal quality controls to mitigate financial statement risks, fraud and operational risks;
- Assisting with assessing the impact of internal control deficiencies on overall financial statement audit procedures and the opinions issued for internal controls over financial reporting in compliance with Section 404 of the SOX Act of 2002;
- Developing audit plans and procedures for risk management and preparing reports for management;
- Conducting interviews with process owners, creating process narratives, identifying key process controls and identifying mitigation process for noted gaps;
- Performing internal audits for business processes including control design, evaluating control operating effectiveness, performing control gap analysis and reviewing testing performed by client personnel; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members for both offsite and onsite teams.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel, including international travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0917DET1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top