Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in M&A to provide corporate and private equity clients with responsive and sophisticated M&A advisory services as they pursue merger, acquisition, or divestiture transactions. Work as a part of an engagement team, in pursuit of potential M&A service opportunities for potential clients by assisting in the estimate of the service fee, team structure, development of Financial Due Diligence service scope, and timing of the work plan. Utilize integrated approach that combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help clients identify preliminary financial risks in pursuit of merger, acquisition, or divestiture transactions. Analyze companies from a financial, operational, competitive, and industry perspective. Assist with the valuation of companies using discounted cash flow, comparable trading, and comparable transactions analyses. Build complex financial models utilizing Microsoft Excel and data analytic tools. Research and analyze industries and market data. Perform transaction financial due diligence by analyzing quality of earnings, quality of assets, and debt-like exposures. Interview top management and owners of client businesses as part of financial due diligence process to discuss questions and/or issues identified through data analysis. Manage and develop team analysts. Write offering memoranda and engagement letters. Create and deliver presentations to obtain new business engagements. Create and design tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key issues including but not limited to quality of earning, Net Working Capital and indebtedness. Advise clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals and maintaining regulatory compliance. Provide services to companies throughout their deal lifecycle from purchasing to selling a company. Create pro forma financial statements and assist accounting policy development.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of accounting and auditing experience.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing audits under GAAS, GAAP, PCAOB and AICPA auditing standards, and SOX;
- Auditing financial statements including reviews of semi-annual financial information;
- Working with complex or specialized areas of client's balance sheets and income statements, including complex investments, management estimates, income taxes, and valuation of financial instruments;
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros;
- Auditing internal controls over financial reporting including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404;
- Participating in the review of 10K, 10Q and 20-F, performing analytical review of audit documents, and preparing documentation supporting audit opinions;
- Interacting with accounting and auditing specialists, including tax, IT and on-shore and off-shore specialists;
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff, and organizing and leading trainings; and
- Utilizing Data Analytics tools to perform big data analysis, including statistical analysis to identify trends, drivers, and outlines, of key metrics of the client's financial information.
- Position requires approximately 40% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717NYC4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top