Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA.
Work You'll Do
Review construction contracts, agreements, and amendments to understand contractual framework based on the business case or issue. Perform inspections of machinery, equipment, building, and construction projects. Perform and lead internal audit efforts of internal controls processes and procedures for large scale capital programs. Provide construction claims analysis and support. Train and mentor junior Consultants on data analytics and modeling efforts, perform quality assurance reviews of their assignments. Assist in drafting reports and findings including the preparation of tables, exhibits, and charts, develop and prepare client presentations and deliverables. Create financial models, advanced spreadsheets and related data analytics based on business issues or transactions being analyzed. Help with practice development efforts, assist in developing proposal documents and graphics for new pursuit opportunities. Will commute within the Los Angeles, California area to consult with clients concerning the above job duties.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience performing various complex data analytics, including finance, accounting, compliance, and audits for large capital projects and programs.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing data analysis, forensics analytics, creating complex formulas, and developing advanced and dynamic financial and operational models to identify, track and assess trends, variance analysis, and non-compliance for large capital construction programs;
- Reviewing construction contracts to understand contractual framework, including scope of work, GMP, allowable profit and overhead, contingency and allowance, change order provisions, audit clauses, insurance and bond requirements, and indemnity clauses to assess how costs are to be incurred;
- Assessing cash-flow forecasting practices for large construction programs, performing variance analysis, and proposing process improvement opportunities;
- Performing project and contract risk analytics on large scale public construction projects;
- Reviewing construction general and subcontractors' compensation models including change orders for various construction trades and assess root causes, evolution of costs for approved or potential change orders, and tracking change orders with schedule impact, assessing entitlement of change scope;
- Developing and analyzing Key Performance Indicators for construction programs and/or contractors' to assess operational effectiveness and efficacy;
- Performing gap analysis in construction projects financial management (budgets, ETC/EAC, commitments), cost estimating procedures, and scheduling (Primavera P6, Critical Path Method);
- Performing procurement analysis by developing financial models and evaluating contractor's financial solvency based on financial statements, balance sheets, and cash-flows; and
- Developing financial models to formulate personal property financial metrics, including effective age and useful life, replacement/reproduction cost new, depreciation and causes of depreciation, trend factors, sensitivity analysis, and arriving at fair market value.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FQ0717LOS1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top