Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Houston, TX.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in Technology Risk to assist with engagement planning, organizing, budgeting, audit plan execution, and documentation of audit procedures performed; conduct financial statement audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, SOX readiness, IT controls, and SAS 70 audits; utilize ERP and mainframe technologies, including Peoplesoft, Oracle, JDE, SAP, Windows, AS/400, UNIX, Mainframe, DB2, and SQL; assess security configurations; conduct policy and procedure reviews; audit client platform baseline standards and test platforms for numerous clients; assist with designing and implementing technical and general computer IT audits, systems development, conversion, and application control reviews, including process and procedure, documentation, control identification, test plan creation and execution, and executive reporting; perform in-depth control assessments, document test requirements, and suggest remediation alternatives where necessary; and understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Will commute within the Houston, TX area to consult with clients concerning the above job duties.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Decision Sciences, Risk Management or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience performing control gap analysis and risk assessments.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing SOD testing, including mapping multiple individuals to multiple roles/profiles in order to determine conflicts;
- Performing data conversion testing between database server upgrades and testing new system implementation;
- Conducting testing related to privileged level access, role-based security, password configurations, access provisioning, terminations, and change management of ERP applications, including SAP, Oracle, JDE, and PeopleSoft; databases, including Oracle, SQL, and DB2; and operating systems, including As/400, Unix, Windows, and Mainframe;
- Testing controls in accordance with Public Accounting Company Oversight Board (PCAOB), AICPA, SOX, SSAE16, and third party vendor requirements;
- Providing recommendations of improved controls to enhance business efficiency; and
- Identifying deficiencies/issues related to privileged level access, role-based security, password configurations, new user and terminated user access, and change management.
- Less than 10% travel outside normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH17FA0217HOM2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top