Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in Financial Services to compile and analyze data. Perform valuation of structured finance products using FAS 133 and FASB 157 fair value guidelines. Model cash flows for securitized transactions containing wide variety of underlying asset classes. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Demonstrate general knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, products, and service lines. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of current decisions. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Apply technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for derivatives, quantitative risk assessment and forecasting models, structured finance transactions, cash flow modeling, data integrity, data modeling, statistical sampling, capital markets transaction support and due diligence.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience performing advanced quantitative analysis in finance.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Developing and analyzing theoretical frameworks in finance;
- Performing advanced financial economic analysis; and
- Presenting financial theory and models to diverse audiences, including experts in finance.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Developing quantitative models in finance and credit risk (PD/LGD/EAD/EL);
- Performing financial economic research for developing models consistent with financial regulations, including the Dodd-Frank Act (DFAST and CCAR);
- Manipulating data, building rigorous mathematical models, performing advanced theoretical and quantitative analysis, and replicating existing academic/industry works in Matlab, Excel, and SAS;
- Performing financial economic research into new regulations for financial markets and institutions; and
- Maintaining/using databases, including S&P Capital IQ and CC Basel.
- Position requires approximately 75% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717NYC3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top