Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX.
Work You’ll Do
Utilize technologically advanced computer labs and cutting-edge software to offer new, innovative solutions to clients’ complex legal problems. Query and mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examine financial data and filter for targeted information using traditional (SQL Server 2012, Oracle 11.2, Microsoft Access) as well as advanced visual (Tableau, QlikView) and predictive analytic methodologies (SAS, neural networks, machine learning) and software packages. Design and develop user defined application modules, perform data quality control, develop database reports and user interfaces, and normalize relational data. Perform detailed data analysis for developing meaningful insights to address regulatory and business challenges across industries. Collaborate with attorneys, forensic accountants, clients, and other investigators to produce analyses in support of an investigation. Prepare and presenting complex written and verbal materials, such as reports, findings and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, business administration, engineering, statistics, mathematics or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience performing data analytics.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Analyzing complex data relationships within large data sets and between systems where large data resides;
- Utilizing SQL server, Oracle, Access, SSIS, SAS, and Excel to extract data, and design data driven reports;
- Developing customized systems to enable clients to access and analyze complex data utilizing SQL server, Oracle, Access, Tableau, QlikView, and Excel;
- Utilizing data visualization tools, including Tableau and QlikView, to deliver visualized data findings and report assessments to client;
- Validating front end data interface and developing user specifications to ensure accuracy of data analysis results;
- Analyzing retail data for indirect tax rebates;
- Reviewing and analyzing client data in SAP systems;
- Performing root cause analysis, trend analysis, data interpolation analysis, and profiling; and
- Utilizing data warehousing and ETL to establish base extractions.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH17FQ0217DAL2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top