Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Compile and analyze data. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Demonstrate general knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, products, and service lines. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of current decisions. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Apply technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for derivatives, quantitative risk assessment and forecasting models, structured finance transactions, capital markets transaction support, carve-outs, financial transformation, integration, and due diligence.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of accounting and auditing experience in the Consumer and Industrial products industry.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Analyzing various legal documents, including contract compliance and review accounting impact;
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), US SEC financial reporting, Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Utilizing audit software, including engagement management software, to perform tracking and forecasting for audit engagements and to review documents;
- Performing transaction analysis including carve-outs and accounting for mergers and acquisitions;
- Performing conversions between US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Reviewing financial impact of new accounts, including purchase price accounting, revenue recognition, and complex accounting;
- Utilizing advanced Microsoft Excel tools including Pivot Tables, VLookup, VBA, and macros; and
- Reviewing clients' annual reports and interacting with clients to discuss complex accounting issues.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817NYC2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top