Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Las Vegas, NV.
Work You’ll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant to assist with engagement planning, organizing, budgeting, audit plan execution, and documentation of audit procedures performed. Conduct financial statement audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, SOX readiness, IT controls, and SAS 70 audits. Utilize ERP and mainframe technologies, including Peoplesoft, Lawson, Invision, JDE, SAP, Windows, AS/400, UNIS/AIX, DB2, and MS SQL. Assess security configurations; conduct policy and procedure reviews; audit client platform baseline standards; and test platforms for numerous clients. Assist with designing and implementing technical and general computer IT audits, systems development, conversion, and application control reviews, including process and procedure, documentation, control identification, test plan creation and execution, and executive reporting. Perform in-depth control assessments, document test requirements, and suggest remediation alternatives where necessary. Understand clients’ business environment and basic risk management approaches. Will commute within the Las Vegas, NV area to perform the above job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in mathematics, computer science, information systems, finance, accounting, business administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent, including a 3-year foreign degree).
- Two years of internal controls and financial auditing within the Gaming Industry.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Working under regulatory environment for casino operations;
- Performing testing of ERP applications, including Oracle;
- Testing within databases, including Oracle, SQL, and DB2;
- Testing within operating systems, including Unix, Windows, and Mainframe;
- Leveraging ERP technologies including Oracle Financial Application
- Performing control gap analysis;
- Creating and developing general Information Technology controls and automated controls audit programs;
- Performing audit procedures in areas including access security, change management and datacenter and network operations;
- performing internal control risk management, assessment, and IT controls;
- Performing deficiencies assessments of controls and the related risks to the IT environment and develop audit procedure responses;
- Performing segregation of duties testing; and
- Mentoring and training junior team members.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH17FA1116LAS1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top