Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Jersey City, NJ.
Work You’ll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in Financial Services to compile and analyze data. Perform valuation of structured finance products using FAS 133 and FASB 157 fair value guidelines. Model cash flows for securitized transactions containing wide variety of underlying asset classes. Understand clients’ business environment and basic risk management approaches. Demonstrate general knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, products, and service lines. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of current decisions. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Apply technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for derivatives, quantitative risk assessment and forecasting models, structured finance transactions, cash flow modeling, data integrity, data modeling, statistical sampling, capital markets transaction support and due diligence.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, information systems, risk management, actuarial science, engineering, finance, economics, accounting, business administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of quantitative credit risk modeling experience, including model development/calibration, model testing, and model documentation.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing exploratory and ad-hoc data analysis on large datasets;
- Utilizing statistical software SAS;
- Developing or calibrating statistical and quantitative credit risk models;
- Designing and implementing statistical tests to assess the model performance, including the appropriateness of modeling assumptions and parameters, the accuracy of model forecasting results, and the sensitivity of model inputs and outputs;
- Preparing reports and documentation for the development and testing of credit risk models;
- Evaluating critical credit risk parameters, including PD, LGD, EAD, or asset correlation; and
- Utilizing credit risk software applications to evaluate credit risk, including RiskCalc, Credit Manager or SNL.
- Experience must include one year with:
- Utilizing VaR models and Basel approach to assess portfolio credit risk capital;
- Performing portfolio risk return analysis, including assessing portfolio concentration and diversification, and providing strategic advice on the originating business; and
- Accessing, transforming, and analyzing data from relational databases using SAS and SQL programming skills.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH17FA0217JCA1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top