Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant to compile and analyze data for use in financial reporting due diligence. Perform valuation of structured finance products using FAS 133 and FASB 157 fair value guidelines. Model cash flows and perform model validation based activities for financial transactions containing a wide variety of underlying asset classes. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Demonstrate general knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, products, and service lines. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of current decisions. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Apply technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for derivative/structured products related to pricing models, quantitative risk assessment and forecasting models, structured finance transactions, cash flow modeling, data integrity, data modeling, statistical sampling, capital markets transaction support and due diligence. Will commute within the New York, New York area to consult with clients concerning the above job duties.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of risk management experience.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Providing risk and control based gap assessment and optimization in areas of financial and operational risk management;
- Assisting with system development lifecycle, including system development, testing (stress testing and user acceptance testing), approval, implementation and on-going monitoring and maintenance;
- Assisting with topic-based risk management engagements to assess key risk from walkthrough of business and IT processes, identifying risks associated with the process, and designing/implementing risk control matrix to guide risk management activities;
- Assisting with new client acceptance procedures, including performing background checks, QRM review, proposal preparation, oral presentation, and engagement profitability and pricing for major clients;
- Analyzing data using database management tools (SQL and Microsoft Access) and programming languages (SAS, R, VBA, and Python); and
- Utilizing Enterprise Resources Platforms, including major operating system and database environments (Windows, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, SQL server, and Solaris).
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing data analytics over financial statement components using SQL, ACL, IDEA, Global Analytics and Microsoft Access;
- Assisting on engagements for major banking clients in optimizing company policies and procedures based on industry-wide regulatory guidance;
- Utilizing Basel II/Basel III, CCAR and DFAST regulatory requirements for the financial services industry; and
- Performing model validation and peer review on various market and credit risk models, including review of conceptual soundness, data variable selection, model testing (benchmarking, back-testing, stress testing, sensitivity analysis and scenario forecasting), and on-going monitoring of model performance.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817NYC6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top