Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Understand business environment and basic compliance management approaches. Execute internal control assessments based upon understanding of clients' business and applicable rules to that business and assess compliance accordingly. Generate observations and recommendations based upon applicable rules and successful business practices. Demonstrate general knowledge of market trends and industry practices. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of decisions. Generate innovative ideas. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Identify opportunities to improve client relationships. Mentor, teach, and develop staff personnel on the firm's auditing and controls assessment methodologies, and monitor progress of staff personnel to ensure staff personnel are developing as expected.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of accounting experience (including pre or post Bachelor's experience).
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing assessments to determine compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Executing controls testing;
- Applying audit standards including PCAOB, COBIT, and COSO;
- Serving as liaison between financial audit teams and controls testing teams in order to validate and execute regulatory requirements laid out by audit teams;
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), AICPA auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, US SEC financial reporting, broker/dealer regulatory requirements, banking regulatory requirements;
- Performing process analysis and documentation;
- Developing effective testing procedures to evaluate the operating effectiveness of relevant internal controls;
- Developing effective oversight strategies in internal quality controls to mitigate financial statement risks, fraud and operational risks within the Financial Services industry;
- Assisting with assessing the impact of internal control deficiencies on overall financial statement audit procedures and the opinions issued for internal controls over financial reporting in compliance with Section 404 of the SOX Act of 2002;
- Developing audit plans and procedures for risk management and preparing reports for management;
- Performing internal audits for business processes including control design, evaluating control operating effectiveness, performing control gap analysis and reviewing testing performed by client personnel; and
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717NYC2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top