Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Jersey City, NJ.
Work You'll Do
Evaluate clients' critical business processes (revenue, payables, fixed assets, financial close and reporting, inventory) and General Computer Control (GCC) environment by performing detailed, reproducible, investigations which can be used in expert witness statements. Gather business requirements, data mapping, and document report specifications for trading, compliance, and portfolio management reports. Participate in implementation and reconciliation of financial reporting system. Assist in daily aspects of client engagements, including scheduling and conducting client interviews and documenting, coordinating, and presenting client deliverables. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Utilize knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, products, and service lines. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of decisions. Build and nurture client relationships. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, or implement products and services.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of data analysis and compliance experience.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Analyzing malware and reverse engineering with Ollydbg to trace the origin of malicious code run on compromised systems;
- Creating scripts in Python, PowerShell, and C# to extract and parse information from raw data files and identify user accessed locations;
- Building complex analyses for laptop, desktop, server, and phone file metadata using T-SQL and MS SQL Server versions (2008 R2, 2012, and 2014);
- Report building using SQL Server Reporting Services to identify key risks factors in Private Wealth Management client portfolios;
- Transforming multi-dimensional data from GLOBUS T24 into tabular data for ingestion into a standard relational database;
- Utilizing network protocols, including TCP and UDP, to analyze suspicious activity in network traffic and identify the purpose of custom network protocols;
- Building EDRM stacks based on Nuix and Relativity to process and review documents collected from client sites;
- Using Forensic tools, including EnCase and FTK Imager, to collect and analyze data from client systems;
- Conducting multiple global investigations specifically around the theft of Intellectual Property and Tax Evasion; and
- Configuring and interpreting Windows server infrastructure to perform required analysis and data transfers.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel, including international travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH18FF0518JCA1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top