Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant to interface with internal audit, business, IT, and members of senior management to design and implement solutions. Help to identify and evaluate complex business process and technology risks. Assess and evaluate internal controls. Participate in risk assessments, determine audit plans, execute audit programs, assess issues, and work with management to determine remediation plans and track progress. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Demonstrate knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, products, and service lines within the Financial Services Industry. Assist in preparing project plans and weekly status reports. Coach and mentor junior team members. Will commute within the New York, NY area to perform the above job duties.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in business administration, economics, computer science, information systems, engineering, finance, financial mathematics, accounting, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of banking and securities experience.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing assessments involving asset-liability management (ALM), liquidity risk management, bank treasury operations and cash management, funding operations, stress testing, funds transfer pricing and capital management;
- Designing target operating models, IT architecture design, data management assessment and treasury and regulatory reporting solutions;
- Performing data management assessments and resolutions;
- Performing assessments in compliance with CCAR, EPS, and CLAR regulations;
- Developing assessments of complex financial and traded products across consumer, commercial, or investment banking businesses;
- Working with risk IT teams to implement processes, methodologies, and systems to enhance reporting infrastructure with a particular interest in liquidity forecasting and scenario analysis, ALM reporting, and funds transfer pricing methodologies;
- Designing and implementing strategic and technology-enabled business solutions for clients; and
- Defining treasury business requirements, IT strategy, data requirements or designing and implementing practical business solutions to support risk analytic and reporting requirements.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717NYC6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top