Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in Cyber Risk to identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement. Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects. Use technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Construct and assess high-level and detailed security programs translating business needs and regulatory requirements into cost effective and risk appropriate controls. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Develop information security strategies and plans based upon generally accepted security standards. Utilize knowledge of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, business and information technology management processes, and market trends on client engagements. Generate innovative ideas and participate in decision making with engagement management. Build and nurture strong client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Technology Management, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Decision Sciences, Risk Management or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of cyber strategy and governance experience.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing audits under industry cyber security standards, regulations, and leading practices, including Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Publication 1075, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS);
- Defining and implementing custom cyber security frameworks;
- Assessing information security and privacy programs in accordance with industry-leading standards, including National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST);
- Performing cyber security assessments to identify cybersecurity risks to clients' operations, assets, and individuals based on existing threats, vulnerabilities;
- Developing remedial action plans to address cyber security risks and strategic roadmaps for achieving a heightened information security posture;
- Designing and deploying organization-wide skills assessment to better understand cybersecurity workforce;
- Developing information security and privacy training programs;
- Establishing foundations of cybersecurity professional development programs, including position descriptions, roles and responsibilities, and training plans;
- Creating system security plans, identifying security controls in place and planned for information systems;
- Assessing adequacy of and supporting client-wide information security policies; and
- Developing communication plans to support implementation of information security programs.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717CHI1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top