Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant to assist with all aspects of engagement planning, organizing, budgeting, execution, and documentation of audit procedures performed. Perform detailed analysis of bank regulatory reporting requirements and the interconnectivity between reports. Mentor and train junior staff in the assessment and testing of regulatory reports, including through Quality Assurance and Internal Audits. Illustrate results to clients and provide recommendations of remediation actions where necessary. Contribute to the firm internally through preparing on client proposals, mentoring new consultants, and recruiting for future employees.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of consulting experience related to bank regulatory reporting.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Advising clients on implementing changes to processes and operations based on new banking regulations and their implications on the banking industry, financial services products including commercial loans, CRE loans, construction loans and residential mortgages, and their reporting processes;
- Preparing reports and performing testing of data using reporting and analytic technologies including SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Windows, AS/400, MS SQL, Axiom, ACL, and Tableau;
- Utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio to analyze, test, and present deliverables, and Visual Basic to automate processes;
- Performing testing of bank regulatory reporting filings including FR Y-9C, FR Y-14 series of reports, FR Y-11, FR 2314, and FFIEC 009/031/041 and their related data attributes/elements of the reporting for different requirements;
- Performing testing of controls in accordance with the reporting requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 Act, AICPA Standards, and PCAOB standards;
- Implementing remediation plans and/or programs for clients to mitigate future risks in the processes and operations of reporting of FR Y-9C, FR Y-14 series of reports, FR Y-11, FR 2314, and FFIEC 009/031/041; and
- Mentoring junior team members, including reviewing product deliverables, and providing feedback on quality of work.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717NYC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top