Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Detroit, MI.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant to assist with engagement planning, organizing, budgeting, audit plan execution, and documentation of audit procedures performed. Conduct financial statement audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, SOX readiness, IT controls, and SAS 70 audits. Utilize ERP and mainframe technologies, including Peoplesoft, Lawson, Invision, JDE, SAP, Windows, AS/400, UNIS/AIX, DB2, and MS SQL. Assess security configurations; conduct policy and procedure reviews; audit client platform baseline standards; and test platforms for numerous clients. Assist with designing and implementing technical and general computer IT audits, systems development, conversion, and application control reviews, including process and procedure, documentation, control identification, test plan creation and execution, and executive reporting. Perform in-depth control assessments, document test requirements, and suggest remediation alternatives where necessary. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in mathematics, computer science, information systems, finance, accounting, business administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of data analytics experience.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing complex data analyses to derive insights, including data profiling, data validation and statistical analysis;
- Utilizing custom data analysis applications including computer-assisted audit tools and custom analysis tools; and
- Performing data profiling, data remediation, and data analysis.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Utilizing SAS to complete the quality analysis of data based on business rules identified data exceptions and creating validation deliverables;
- Resolving client business problems involving acquisition, validation, and analysis of data in electronic form;
- Performing analytical procedures for internal/external audits in areas including journal entries across all areas of the audit;
- Performing internal control risk management and optimization;
- Performing auditing of databases, including DB2, Oracle and SQL, and operating systems, including Windows, Unix and AS400;
- Performing SAP controls testing, segregation of duties testing and IT controls testing; and
- Performing gap assessments against industry frameworks, including AS-5, COBIT, COSO, and/or client-specific internal frameworks.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717DET1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top