Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Boston, MA.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in Modeling & Valuation to assist clients in solving complex business and transaction issues, including analyzing alternatives and recommending solutions. Provide well-reasoned valuations and advice. Quantify and present valuation analyses and conclusions in concert with prevailing accounting, tax, and regulatory codes, for transaction, financing, litigation, bankruptcy, reorganization, strategic planning, and compliance purposes. Value business entities, intellectual property, intangible assets, and complex and distressed securities. Provide financial reporting and tax valuation, business valuation consulting and fund portfolio valuation. Perform financial reporting valuation for business combinations, inclusive of enterprise values, intangible assets, legal entities, real estate, personal property, and MACRS classifications. Perform valuation of goodwill and indefinite and long-lived asset impairment testing for financial reporting purposes. Perform valuation for tax purposes, including federal, state, local, international, and personal tax, as well as services related to a client's allocation of purchase price for tax purposes only. Provide financial modeling assistance and other consultative valuation services, including opinions, in support of business plan development, strategic investment decisions or other financial objectives. Perform valuation for financial reporting purposes not elsewhere classified, including FIN 45/46, 123R, derivative securities and debt instruments, ESOPs, international fair value reviews, and business enterprise and equity valuations.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of business and intangible asset valuation consulting experience.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Performing audit reviews, including communicating with audit teams regarding fair value measurements for hedge fund investments, including derivatives;
- Assisting with audits involving SEC regulations;
- Developing financial models, including discounted cash flow models, market approach models, and shadow rating models to value common stock, fixed assets, business entities, and intangible assets; and
- Mentoring and training junior team members, and reviewing their work product.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Master's degree and one year of experience as stated above.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Analyzing preferred stocks, debt and warrant agreements in order to value securities, portfolio investments, business units, and other assets/liabilities, including Waterfall Analysis and Option Pricing Models;
- Creating financial risk management and hedge accounting policies;
- Communicating with clients regarding the valuation of business units and intangible assets, including internal controls and business processes; and
- Performing business and financial assets/liabilities, including loans and borrowings, valuations for mergers and acquisitions, tax purposes, management planning purposes, financial reporting, and regulatory reporting.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FQ0817BOB1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top