Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA.
Work You'll Do
Assist in performance and analysis in the area of data reporting, segmentation, profiling, and modeling. Evaluate clients' critical business processes, perform current state assessment, and assist in the development of future state vision, initiative/solution recommendations, and implementation roadmaps. Gather business requirements from technical and business users and develop and review end-to-end reporting documentation, including data flow diagrams, data tracing categorization, control inventories, process and data narratives, data mappings, and data dictionaries. Performing analytics and validating data to identify areas for enhancement and develop remediation solutions. Mining large data sets to discover pattern and analyze the final submission. Build and nurture client relationships. Participate in decision making with engagement management, explaining and interacting with senior management on project progress, reviews of deliverables and other project assessments. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, or implement products and services. Assist with the day-to-day engagement/project relationships at lower to mid-levels, including mentoring and training junior team members. Assist in the daily aspects of client engagements, including scheduling and coordinating client interviews and documenting, coordinating, and presenting client deliverables. Utilize knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, products, and service lines.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience performing data analytics, data governance and report visualization on regulatory compliance.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Assessing client IT systems of record and utilizing system data to perform analytics and validate data by reviewing transformation logic using SAS, Access, Oracle, and SQL, and performing data profiling to assess data quality for system load by working with large databases and query tools, including data mining to discover patterns and areas for potential enhancement;
- Analyzing data sources, data element mapping and data transformation between data models and systems to highlight configuration or legacy data issues and suggesting corrective actions to client;
- Testing IT Controls around password parameters, new hire access, segregation of duties, terminations, administrative access, and change management process;
- Performing current state assessment on documentation, including data flow documentation, including data flow diagram, data flow narratives, internal control inventory, data dictionary, data lineage, data element mapping, data tracing, governance framework, data quality framework, and change management framework;
- Utilizing regulatory standards (including COSO Framework, Basel III Framework and Model Risk Management) and financial reporting elements for risk reports (including Credit Risk, Market Risk, Counterparty Risk) and regulatory reports (including FR Y-14 A/Q/M, FFIEC 009, FR Y-15, FR Y-9C and FFIEC 031/041) to provide enterprise wide process and control support;
- Analyzing and deconstructing complex data mappings into simplified concepts to develop solutions and reports that highlight gaps and other business/decision information for the client by using R, Python, QlikView and Tableau;
- Developing applications for improving efficiency and other business needs using Visual Basic, Java, C and C++;
- Building features and maintaining SharePoint structure for documentation storage, creating work environment by using advanced SharePoint, SharePoint Designer and InfoPath tools;
- Interacting with senior management on project progress, reviews of deliverables and other project assessments; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- Position requires approximately 90% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0717SEA1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top