Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Senior Consultant in Accounting and Finance to assist clients in solving complex business and transaction issues, including analyzing alternatives and recommending solutions. Provide well-reasoned valuations and advice. Quantify and present valuation analyses and conclusions in concert with prevailing accounting, tax, and regulatory codes, for transaction, financing, litigation, bankruptcy, reorganization, strategic planning, and compliance purposes. Value business entities, intellectual property, intangible assets, and complex and distressed securities. Provide financial reporting and tax valuation, business valuation consulting and fund portfolio valuation. Perform financial reporting valuation for business combinations, inclusive of enterprise values, intangible assets, legal entities, real estate, personal property, and MACRS classifications. Perform valuation of goodwill and indefinite and long-lived asset impairment testing for financial reporting purposes. Perform valuation for tax purposes, including federal, state, local, international, and personal tax, as well as services related to a client's allocation of purchase price for tax purposes only. Provide financial modeling assistance and other consultative valuation services, including opinions, in support of business plan development, strategic investment decisions or other financial objectives. Perform valuation for financial reporting purposes not elsewhere classified, including FIN 45/46, 123R, derivative securities and debt instruments, ESOPs, international fair value reviews, and business enterprise and equity valuations.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of complex security, business and intangible asset valuation consulting and modeling experience.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing valuations of goodwill impairment testing for financial reporting purposes;
- Utilizing valuation techniques such as discounted cash flow method (income approach), guideline public company method and guideline public transaction method (market approach), and cost method (asset approach); and
- Preparing multiple business enterprise, intangible asset and complex security valuation reports, and performing independent valuation services in accordance with ASC 820, ASC 718, ASC 350, ASC 805, ASC 825, and ASC 310-30 standards.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Allocating equity value among various equity classes (preferred equity, common equity, options and warrants) by considering the rights and preferences of each class by utilizing option pricing model;
- Performing valuation for fixed income securities with embedded interest rate derivatives utilizing the Black-Derman-Toy binomial interest rate model;
- Utilizing convertible lattice model and Least Square Monte Carlo Simulation model (built in MATLAB) to bifurcate the straight debt portion and option piece from the total value of convertible debts with complex features, including call options, put options, floating conversion rate, and make-whole provisions;
- Performing contingent consideration valuations with nonlinear payment based on various firm metrics, including revenue and net income based hurdles under a real option framework;
- Working with large datasets to analyze exercise and cancelation behavior of employees and to estimate the exercise and cancellation rates for stock option valuations;
- Performing business and financial assets/liabilities (including loans and other fixed income securities) valuations for mergers and acquisitions, tax purposes, management planning purposes, financial reporting, and regulatory reporting; and
- Performing valuation of intangible assets, including core deposits, trademark, trade name, customer relationships, workforce, internally developed software technologies, non-compete agreements, and above- or below-market contracts.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FQ0917NYC2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top