Advisory Manager (Forensic, Strategic Risk and Reputation)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Manager (Forensic, Strategic Risk and Reputation) in Chicago, IL.
Work You'll Do
Provide leadership, direction, and motivation to team members and conduct regular performance management discussions. Evaluate and monitor key financial, operational and talent-related metrics and take necessary corrective measures. Establish documented processes, policies and procedures to ensure smooth and efficient management of the business unit and leads efforts to identify continued areas of improvement, including innovative solutions for further cost reduction and program efficiency. Play lead role in engagement planning, economics, and billing and participate in proposal development efforts. Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends and competitor activities and assist in retention of professionals. Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects. Use technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Generate innovative ideas and participate in decision making with engagement management.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, Electronic Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of information technology experience.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Optimizing critical management processes, including change management, configuration management, disaster recovery, and asset management, including reporting and dashboarding to execute applications for clients and
- Participating in strategic planning for projects and industry benchmarking of technology controls and frameworks.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing requirement gathering, high level design, and detailed level design documentation;
- Participating in code development, integration testing, and implementation in production environment;
- Implementing Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and cross-browser compatibility features;
- Working with regulatory risk in the financial services industry;
- Assessing risk through examination of internal control and business processes; and
- Interpreting and converting regulations to business and technical risk requirements.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0518CHI1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top