Advisory Manager (Finance & Operations)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Manager (Finance & Operations) in Jersey City, NJ.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Manager in Finance & Operations to perform daily aspects of client engagements, including scheduling and managing staff, presenting client deliverables, and working with clients' senior management. Perform engagement planning, budgeting, invoicing functions, and organizing. Evaluate clients' existing landscape by understanding and providing solutions around performance, privacy, risk, controls, and data analysis and by implementing a Risk Intelligent approach to managing financial, technology and business risks. Drive strategic operational and technology transformation. Conduct current state assessments, interviews and workshops to understand the client business and technology landscape and perform gap assessment based on mandated regulatory of business/operational requirements. Gather business requirements, conduct data mapping, and document report specifications for trading, compliance, and portfolio management reports. Manage the implementation and reconciliation of financial reporting system. Act as subject matter expert in area of focus. Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business efficiency to clients. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Identify, propose, and sell projects to current and prospective clients. Facilitate use of technology. Act as coach to team members and staff in service area. Will commute within the New York City area to consult with clients concerning the above duties.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years experience managing and analyzing business opportunities, technology and process transformation for clients to meet key business and regulatory requirements.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Writing business requirements and translating them into functional requirements;
- Conducting client interviews, client meetings, current state assessments and workshops;
- Analyzing existing technology stack, technology architecture/processes and suggesting improvements to increase efficiency; and
- Performing project management support, including status tracking, resource management and quality review.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Developing software applications/tools using object oriented languages and supporting implementations through the software development lifecycle;
- Testing applications and software, including writing test scripts including performing unit testing, system and user acceptance testing, including leveraging tools to track and prioritize defects;
- Performing data analysis using SAS, SQL, and PL SQL;
- Performing process transformation for clients in the financial services industry including broker-dealer lifecycle or US Basel III; and
- Collaborating with client technology professionals and/or third-party strategic alliance to provide implementation of technology solutions.
- Must have one of the following: CISSP, CISM, PMP, CIA, or CISA certification.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817JCA2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top