Advisory Manager (Finance & Operations)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Manager (Finance & Operations) in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Perform daily aspects of client engagements, including scheduling and managing staff, presenting client deliverables, and working with clients' senior management. Perform engagement planning, budgeting, invoicing functions, and organizing. Evaluate clients' critical General Computer Control (GCC) environment by managing design and implementation and operating effectiveness. Perform risk assessment, risk ranking, automated control design, control GAP analysis, manual control design, and RCM documentation. Gather business requirements, conduct data mapping, and document report specifications for trading, compliance, and portfolio management reports. Manage the implementation and reconciliation of financial reporting system. Act as subject matter expert in area of focus. Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business efficiency to clients. Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Identify, propose, and sell projects to current and prospective clients. Facilitate use of technology. Act as coach to team members and staff in service area.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration, Math, Decision Sciences, Risk Management or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of operational and technology risk experience for capital markets.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Implementing small, medium and large-sized operations and technology change initiatives or system enhancements;
- Managing programs for operations transformation projects, and designing and implementing target operating models for investment banking and asset management organizations at the enterprise level;
- Assessing risk through examination of internal control and business processes;
- Leading process improvement and quality management initiatives for project deliverables using industry recognized practices;
- Performing testing of derivatives and securities lending products, including interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, futures, equities, currency, and fixed income products;
- Performing project management, interacting directly with clients to communicate and resolve issues, and supervising teams of internal and external professionals; and
- Utilizing financial products including derivatives, equities, and fixed income for industries including investment banking and asset management to implement operations and technology solutions in the financial services industry.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Utilizing regulatory experience to implement regulations.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817NYC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top