Advisory Manager (Cyber Risk)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Manager (Cyber Risk) in New York, NY.
Work You’ll Do
Play lead role in engagement planning, economics, and billing and participate in proposal development efforts. Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends and competitor activities and assist in retention of professionals. Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement. Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects. Use technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Construct and assess high-level and detailed security programs translating business needs and regulatory requirements into cost effective and risk appropriate controls. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Understand clients’ business environment and basic risk management approaches. Develop information security strategies and plans based upon generally accepted security standards. Utilize knowledge of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, business and information technology management processes, and market trends on client engagements. Build and nurture strong client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of experience performing information and network security, business continuity and disaster recovery, web application assessments.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Leveraging compliance monitoring tools including Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), firewalls, web application assessment tools, patch management solutions;
- Performing vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VA & PT), information security management systems (ISMS), and encryption protocols;
- Developing business continuity and disaster recovery plans, backup procedures and technologies, high availability configurations;
- Enterprise IT Architecture, web applications development and assessment, source code reviews, configuration reviews and network architecture assessments and the relevant assessments; and
- Direct interaction with client executives to discuss issues related to the engagement.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Utilizing IT Risk Management framework and methodology;
- Utilizing third party risk management framework and methodology;
- Designing and implementing vendor risk management programs; and
- Conducting vendor risk assessments, including information security and IT controls, Security Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC), IT Operations, Information Security Governance, Network Security, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Access Management.
- Must have one of the following: CISSP, CIS, or PMP certifications.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH17FA1216NYC3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top