Advisory Manager (Corporate Finance)
Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC seeks an Advisory Manager (Corporate Finance) in New York, NY.
Work You’ll Do
Advisory Manager in Corporate Finance responsible for the strategic advisory services, including merger and acquisitions, capital raising, balance sheet advisory, and regulatory issues, provided to clients within the technology and healthcare sectors to manage investment banking services provided to clients in technology and healthcare industries. Lead deal teams for execution of all phases of M&A and capital raising engagements. Responsible for generating transaction and business development opportunities for M&A and capital raising solutions. Responsible for providing M&A advisory services, performing financial and valuation analysis, deal structuring, deal negotiation, deal marketing related to M&A and capital raising solutions/transactions. Advise strategic and financial buyers on mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. Provide strategic advice on optimizing capital structure, analysis of capital market alternatives and available sources of finance, and manage the execution of multi-faceted balance sheet restructurings and financing plans. Advise on a variety of corporate development strategic options, including M&A and private placement, prioritizing shareholder objectives, enhancing corporate finance capabilities, and understanding current market valuation and paths to potential liquidity. Interface with client corporate suite executives and counter parties to deliver M&A findings and message deal nuances from strategic and legal perspectives. Provide fairness opinions by assessing the terms of corporate transactions relative to industry and market conditions. Interface with senior management client personnel. Mentor, train and guide junior staff members including Senior Associates and Associates.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of investment banking experience, including providing M&A advisory services, performing financial analysis, deal structuring, deal negotiation, and deal marketing related to M&A transactions.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Executing all phases of M&A and capital raise transactions for companies in the SaaS-based software industry and the Medicaid-focused dental managed care industry;
- Developing and maintaining integrated financial models for the valuation of companies in the PCI and HIPAA compliance validation and data security industry and the business intelligence and data analytics industry with a recurring subscription business model for the purpose of M&A and capital raising transactions;
- Developing and maintaining sophisticated and comprehensive financial models for the valuation of dental managed care companies which operate on a risk-based capitated payment model and a fee-for-service payment model for the purpose of M&A and capital raising transactions ;
- Negotiating and drafting major terms in definitive transaction documents in M&A and capital raise transactions including stock purchase agreement, asset purchase agreement, letter of intent, operating agreement, restrictive covenant agreement and credit agreement, and analyzing and drafting various M&A transaction structures from a legal and tax aspect including 338 (h)(10) and reverse merger;
- Developing transaction strategies for companies, positioning companies for a sale process or capital raising event, writing transaction marketing materials and management presentations, delivering M&A findings to client executives, evaluating acquisition bids, and performing a transaction closing process including preparing a flow of funds analysis, working capital adjustment mechanism, and purchase price allocation analysis;
- Constructing complex financial models using excel including LBO model, accretion/dilution model, captive carve out model, and recapitalization model for M&A and capital raising transactions; and
- Performing in-depth analysis optimal capital structure of companies including performing debt capacity analysis to assess the leverage capacity of companies and their subsidiaries, evaluating capacity for leverage and cash flows to service debt obligations, and assessing the impact on S and C corporations and LLCs with solid working knowledge of GAAP, corporate tax, and SEC rules and regulations.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience as stated above.
- Position requires approximately 60% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH17FG1216NYC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top